Senior Android Developer
Pulselive is a leading technology company specialising in sport. We’re proud digital partner to some of the world’s largest sport organisations, including:
- Premier League
- FC Barcelona
- International Cricket Council (ICC)
- World Rugby
- Indian Premier League (IPL)
- Australian Football League (AFL)
- Liverpool Football Club
- Leicester City Football Club
- Women's Tennis Association
This means we’re responsible for creating, developing and managing digital platforms, reaching millions of sports fans every day; whether that’s the official Rugby or Cricket World Cup website or the Premier League’s Android and iOS apps.
Why We’re Unique »
We operate at the intersection of digital, social media and broadcast, in an industry that’s rapidly evolving and converging through technology. We help our clients adapt to the way sports fans, like us, are rapidly changing their consumption habits.
It’s how we engage a global audience of passionate fans that gets us excited, in addition to the creative and technical challenges this presents. We’ve a team of highly talented and motivated creatives, developers, product managers and operators that work together to make this happen.
We have the added benefit of being a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation. This gives us a range of benefits, from financial security to staff discounts. We remain independently run and retaining a young, energetic start-up mentality is of great importance to us. Our team is currently ~100 strong, predominantly in the UK, with other offices in Bulgaria, Madrid, Melbourne and Atlanta
The Role »
More and more people across the world are using mobile applications as a key source of online sports content, therefore we are now on the lookout for a Senior Android developer to help play a crucial role in creating the future of world class native experiences.
You will play a key role in working with the team to define the functionality of our mobile products for android and make architectural improvements that ensure that our products display large volumes of sports data and content in the most simple and user friendly way.
The London (UK) based mobile development team which consists of a evenly split team of highly specialised native iOS and Android developers. Our Android team has fully switched to using Kotlin as our main development language.
With all of our developers coming from a variety of backgrounds, this presents a great opportunity for our new Developer to join and learn alongside them.
As a team we will create the best possible apps by combining high quality in-house built technology with market leading design and user experience.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architecture and development of exceptional and large scale bespoke android applications
- Work with the Creative team to ensure that the UI and UX is market leading
- Develop new ideas with other developers and creatives in the business to generate into “Pulse products” to help keep us on the bleeding edge
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure knowledge share and code quality
- 4+ years of experience within native Android mobile application development
- Experience in web service integration (REST, JSON)
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin
- Experience working with persistent storage solutions
- Experience using SCM tools such as GIT
- Portfolio of android applications visible on Google Play
- Keen to learn new technologies, tools and platforms
- Experience with client facing technical communication
- Experience working with RxJava
- Experience with Dagger
- B.S or M.S Degree in Computer Science
- Experience working in multiple ongoing projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.