Pulselive is a leading technology company specialising in sport. We’re proud digital partner to some of the world’s largest sport organisations, including:
- Premier League
- International Cricket Council (ICC)
- World Rugby
- Indian Premier League (IPL)
- Australian Football League (AFL)
- Barcelona Football Club
- Leicester City Football Club
This means we’re responsible for creating, developing and managing digital platforms, reaching millions of sports fans every day; whether that’s the official Rugby or Cricket World Cup website or the Premier League’s iOS and Android apps.
Why We’re Unique »
We operate at the intersection of digital, social media and broadcast, in an industry that’s rapidly evolving and converging through technology. We help our clients adapt to the way sports fans, like us, are rapidly changing their consumption habits.
It’s how we engage a global audience of passionate fans that gets us excited, in addition to the creative and technical challenges this presents. We’ve a team of highly talented and motivated creatives, developers, product managers and operators that work together to make this happen.
We have the added benefit of being a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation. This gives us a range of benefits, from financial security to staff discounts. We remain independently run and retaining a young, energetic start-up mentality is of great importance to us. Our team is currently ~1000 strong, predominantly in the UK, with a couple of offices overseas.
The Role »
As a Senior iOS Developer, you will have the opportunity to build solutions that engage millions of sports fans worldwide. Working with a wide range of data sources and native technologies, building custom experiences for sports fans. You will progress your own skills and expertise along the way, sharing and learning new technologies and techniques across the team. At Pulselive, we pride ourselves in providing a collaborative environment that ensures we produce leading products across web and native applications.
- Producing iOS code to a high standard that not only functions correctly but can be understood and extended by other members of the team
- Showing good attention to detail in the final product, taking care and pride in what is produced
- Communicating clearly both technically and creatively, to ensure the best possible solutions are built
- Tracking and communicating progress within a project across the project team, especially the Project/Product Manager
- Managing test releases for internal and external use
- Developing own skills to get as many aspects of iOS development to an expert level, as possible
- Sharing of ideas and techniques across the team, contributing to and learning from the team as a whole
Expert knowledge of
- Object Oriented Programming
- Web service integration (REST, JSON)
- GIT usage and code management
- Task/ticket management tools such as JIRA
- Documenting iOS solutions and code
- Integrating with and using third party libraries/applications (e.g. video providers)
- Full iOS development lifecycle from project creation to release signing
- Persistent storage solutions such as Core Data
- Objective C
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.